Thursday, March 10, 2011

Strange Encounters with my cold hand…….

Last night Aiden had soccer practice. It was a chilly 65* and windy. If you know me at ALL you know I can not handle the cold. I despise winter, I'd much rather have 90* weather any day of the week. I was chilly even under my ski coat and blanket... but even I was a bit concerned when I started to lose feeling in my pointer finger on my right hand. I looked down and saw this:

I tried rubbing my hands together, sitting on them, I even tried putting it in my mouth to warm it up but nothing worked.
(please excuse my nails, I'm in need of a manicure)
Practice ended and I high tailed it to the car to get my hand in front of the heater. It took about 5 minutes and I finally noticed a change.

5 more minutes and it was just about back to normal.

It took at total of about 15 minutes and my hand was back to normal color. It still felt a little "funny". So, all of that to say I'm making an appointment to see my doctor. I've always had cold hands and feet, and feel certain this has something to do with poor blood circulation and maybe even be Raynauds, but we'll let the doctor make that diagnosis. Really just wanted to share because it was so strange. LOL!!

No comments: