Friday, February 10, 2012

Crazy day.

It’s been a crazy crazy crazy busy week around these parts, and today was no exception. I got a call from the school nurse this afternoon. Aiden was in her office complaining “his heart hurt” and she was hearing some wheezing on his left side. I hauled butt to pick him up from school and took him to see his doctor. His doctor didn’t hear the wheezing – but managed to really aggravate Aiden and I both. Aiden felt like she wasn’t listening to him. He tried to explain to her the pain felt like a punch, or like someone standing on his chest. But, she never really addressed what he was saying. Aiden hadn’t been outside, or to PE today – and has never experienced anything like this before. So, we left her office with instructions to take him to the hospital if the pain didn’t go away. And were referred to a pediatric cardiologist, due to family history. So, I guess we’ll be making an appointment to see her next week. After the appointment I didn’t let Aiden do much of anything – basically I made him sit in one place and take it incredibly easy. I was so scared. The pain slowly dissipated, and by bed time he was feeling great. Adam took him to the school valentines dance, (I was working the event) but we still didn’t let him do much but socialize.
Aiden and Marissa at the Dance

There was a really fun photo booth; Adam, Aiden and I took a few pictures. When get a chance I'll scan those in and share too.

We hope you're all having a great weekend!

No comments: