Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Big boy!

It’s official, he’s four; I don’t know how it happened. I swear I was holding him in the hospital....blinked and here he is FOUR years old!! Aiden had a really terrific birthday. It was so nice to have his party on his actual birthday. He woke up to find a gift from Daddy and Mommy waiting for him:

He LOVED it. The first thing he said was, “I’m going to have to be very careful, ‘cause that is huge!” He and Ryann took it out for a ride and the whole time Aiden was yelling, “THIS IS SO COOL, IT’S AWESOME!!!!!”. Both kids had a blast riding around the neighborhood.

Aiden is SO into Star Wars, and asked that his party have a Star Wars theme. Here is the cake:


Seriously how cool is that?!! The party was at ASI Gymnastics at Aiden’s request. The party was a lot of fun for the kids. I was a little bored, because they did EVERYTHING. I didn’t even have to unload my car……. Which was nice, but I like to do and be in control so I was going a little crazy! After the party we went home and Aiden opened his gifts. That kid so spoiled, he got everything he could ever want!! Thanks to everyone who came to the party, sent birthday wishes and gifts. Aiden really appreciates it all!

Sunday we headed to Benbrook to have breakfast and visit with Uncle Frank, Aunt Brenda, John and Jennifer. We all had such a wonderful time!! We don’t get to visit with any of them often enough, so this was defiantly the perfect way to spend a Sunday morning. As we were climbing in the car headed to lunch both kids were already asking when we could come back and play some more!

Monday afternoon I took Aiden in for his well check. He's doing great!! He weighed in at 39.4lbs and 42" tall, both just above the 75th percentile. He had to get four shots :( He did SO great though! The first two were in his arm. He watched the nurse administer those. He didn't even flinch - I was impressed! The second two were in his leg. Those made him cry and he asked the nurse, "Please stop". The tears stopped almost as soon as she was finished. He told me, "I didn't know they were going to be pointy". He had his first hearing and vision test and passed both. So I guess he is well on his way to turning five.

No comments: