Thursday, December 31, 2009

I’ve neglected this thing for far too long, I mean seriously, it has starting mocking me!…. I had good intentions of updating it months ago, but kept putting it off for one reason or another. Then after getting a few months behind, it became a daunting task – ugh, how do I update after MONTHS???! SOOOOO, rather than trying to remember everything that has happened, I would just give you a quick run-down on the kids……..

Aiden is still playing soccer. He absolutely LOVES the game. He spends most of his free time playing at home. Most afternoons he can’t wait for Adam to get home to play soccer with him, (Mommies are just no fun to play soccer with) seriously when he hears the garage open, cueing him that Daddy is home, I have to keep him from running out to ask Adam if he is ready to play. He loves soccer so much, Adam and I spent the last few weeks of this year redecorating his room, (it was about time, all his nursery décor was still up).

I have to say I LOVE the way his room turned out (I painted that crest on the wall! -- I’m so proud of it!), and more importantly Aiden is in love with it! We painted the stripes, the crest, and the lockers. I’m still hunting for some Chelsea curtains and flags and what not, but for now his room is done. Aiden is also doing great with his school work. It’s hard to believe we’ll be able to enroll him in KISD NEXT school year. I spend most nights tucking him in wondering where my baby went. He is growing up WAY to quickly!!

Ryann is now in the second (OMG!) grade and doing great! She doesn’t really talk about school much, but we know she likes her teacher, classmates, and her grades are good. She is growing way to fast too, not just in size, but mind. It’s so crazy to talk to her these days, because while in some ways she is still a little girl, in others she is quickly turning into a little lady, ( I’m not sure if that makes any sense to you, but I don’t know how else to word it). Ryann is quickly learning who she is, and the things she likes. Her taste is beginning to come out in her choice of music, clothes, the way she wears her hair…..She is no longer the little girl wearing the clothes her parents picked out. It’s wonderful and nerve wracking all at the same time! Oh, and she is now making some serious cash off the tooth-fairy…. I think the total so far is 6 teeth lost!


Adam and I are pretty much the same. Life for us pretty much consists of work, and our family- and we wouldn’t have it any other way! We celebrated our fifth wedding anniversary in September…. Man, time flies – it hardly seems like we married 5 years ago!


We had an awesome Christmas. We woke up Christmas Eve to snow falling. It snowed the whole day, I think the final report was 4”…….

It was beautiful! Adam, Aiden and I spent most of the day at home. That evening we went to church and dinner. When we came home we watched Polar Express, read “The Night before Christmas”, put out cookies and milk for Santa, and celery and carrots for the reindeer.

Aiden didn’t wake up until well after 8, Christmas morning. He was so very excited to see all the goodies Santa brought! We spent the next hour and a half opening gifts, and the following hour playing with our new gifts, and then it was time to get dress and head to Gamma and Papa’s. We had lunch there; afterwards we picked up Ryann and headed back to Papa and Gamma’s. The kids were spoiled (as always) by their loving Grandparents. We spent most of the day playing and visiting with Papa, Gamma, Uncle Brent and Aunt Jamie before heading back home so Ryann could open gifts at our house, and see what Santa left for her there. Both kids had a wonderful time, and were truly grateful for all of their gifts, and time with family. It was a late night of playing and enjoying some family time.


Adam and the kids are still out of school and work, they’ve been home since December 18th and won’t return until January 4th – lucky! I’m already back at work. We’re looking forward to ringing in the new year. We’ve loved ’09, but can not wait to see what 2010 will bring! We hope you and your family are all doing well. We can’t wait to hear from you!

As bad as I’ve been at updating the blog, I have been keeping up with pictures – so please feel free to check out our photo albums!

Until next time!!

No comments: