Monday, September 19, 2011

Weekly update!

We made it through another week, and what a nice relaxing week it was! Due to a few different reasons Aiden only had 3 practices this week – that gave us TWO week nights that we got to do pretty much what ever we wanted. Granted, one of those evenings Adam and Aiden made the choice to go out and practice soccer – but I really wouldn’t expect any thing different.
I wasn’t feeling too well last week, and ended up taking Monday and Thursday off, because I just couldn’t force myself out of bed. The two days of rest really helped, and I’m finally starting to feel like myself again. Friday I picked up Ryann at 4:30, and we started our incredibly long journey back to Keller. Traffic was crazy – even for a Friday evening in DFW. We didn’t get into Keller until well after 6:00. But, we enjoyed visiting and singing to the radio during our long haul.

We FINALLY got a good bit of rain Friday evening/ early Saturday morning. Saturday’s soccer game was cancelled due to the rain, which actually turned out to be a blessing. Ryann has decided she wants to run for Student Council and needed some help writing her speech and making a few posters, and Aiden had homework that he and Daddy didn’t get done Friday after school. I sat back for a moment Saturday morning and watched in amazement; we had one child on the computer doing homework, and the other sitting at the desk working on her speech – when did these kids get so big?! After all the school work was done we had a ton of errands to run, and then we headed out to Jennifer and John’s for their annual shrimp boil. We had a wonderful time!! I really hope we can get together with them again very soon!!

Sunday Aiden had a soccer game, so we all headed out to the Odyssey fields to watch them fight for a win! Afterwards Adam had to get Ryann back to her Mom, and Aiden and I headed to his end of season soccer party. Below are a few pictures from our weekend.









No comments: