Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Ashelynn's FIRST Level FIVE meet!!!!!!

This is a copy of the email Jennifer sent out. If you would like Jenn's contact info please let me know. Also, if you would like to go; but don't want to drive let me know - we might be able to car pool.

Well, our little athlete has surpassed all the coaches' expectations and will be competing in the first level 5 gymnastics competition of the season after all! Originally, we didn't expect her to compete until the spring, because typically new level 5's take at least a semester just to master the skills and learn the routines. But then a few weeks ago, her coach said that Ashelynn was making such awesome progress that she would probably get to compete in maybe the last half of> the fall season. To my surprise, I received an e-mail from the coach today saying that she> is ready to compete in the first meet, which is August 25 in Plano. I don't have times yet, but will let you know as soon as I do.

I'm so proud of her because the coach said that very few girls make such progress so quickly and it's almost unheard of to be> ready for competition so soon after moving up levels. YAY ASHELYNN!!

Anyway - as usual, Ashelynn would love to see all her supporters in the stands, so let me know if you can make it. I'll send out the times as soon as I get them.

No comments: