Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Time marches on...

We welcome 2008! '07 really FLEW by! We had a wonderful year. Our family is happy and healthy, and really what else could we ask for?

It's been a while since our last update; let's see if I can get you caught up. We did all we could to make this Christmas season magical for the kids. Gamma took Aiden to see the trains at North Park. He really enjoyed himself.
We went to our play groups Christmas party. Aiden and I don't have the time to make it to many of the group’s events, but I'm really glad I made time for this. Aiden had a wonderful time playing with all the kids.
Christmas Eve we went to dinner, Church and then took Aiden to look at Christmas lights. It was a wonderful night, but Christmas just didn't feel like Christmas until we picked up Ryann Christmas Day. Seriously the moment she got in the car and we headed to Papa and Gamma's house it REALLY felt like Christmas. The kids, Adam and I were SPOILED by Gamma and Papa; we are so blessed to have them in our lives! We came home Christmas night and got ready for Santa's special trip. The kids put out milk and cookies for that jolly fat man, and we all headed to bed. We woke up to Ryann jumping up and down at the side of the bed, "Santa came, Santa came, come see all the presents!!! Aiden, Santa came!!!!!" It was SO sweet. Santa brought Ryann the dog she has been wishing for. I was so upset I didn't get her reaction on camera. I was struggling to get the thing started when she found it, "Oh, Daddy look - This is JUST what I wanted, Santa brought just what I asked for, I'm so happy I got everything I wanted!!!" I really sat back and enjoyed watching the kids experience Christmas this year. I of course took pictures, but not like I normally do. I wanted to really enjoy them; enjoying them - so the pictures are not the best - but I have the best memories, and video. Aiden was excited about everything. This was his first year to really understand what was going on, but I do think he was a tiny bit overwhelmed with it all.
Late that night we headed to Aunt Kay's where we were spoiled again! Adam's family is the most giving group of people you could ever meet.

Since then we've been enjoying our time together as a family, breaking in some of those new toys.

We hope you all had a wonderful Holiday, and Happy New year!!!
TONS of new pictures up!
Take care!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Aiden is getting so big!! Looks like a ton of fun!!