Friday, July 22, 2011

Coming down from our Sugar high...

I think we’re all suffering from birthday cake withdrawals. We all had a wonderful time celebrating Ryann’s birthday!! The word for that weekend was “amazing”, except she said it “A – mazing”. The hotel was A – mazing, the Cheesecake factory was A – mazing, her gifts were A – mazing, and Hurricane Harbor was A – mazing! Adam and I were so happy she had such a wonderful time! I took July 13th, (Ryann’s actual birthday) off. Both kids had a friend spend the night the night before, and we spent the 13th doing whatever the kids wanted. It was a great day!


Ryann and Aiden at the hotel

the "amazing" Hotel

Opening Gifts at dinner

Reading her new book back at the hotel - she looks SO grown up!

Kids leaving Hurricane Harbor

All the kids watching a movie in the living room, the night before Ryann's bday.

The kids spent the night of the 13th and 14th with Gamma and Papa, Ryann then spent the 15th – 17th with her mom. More birthday celebrating for her. While she was gone Aiden attended two friends’ birthday parties. Maybe now you understand why we’re all suffering from cake withdrawals!

My birthday, (which means MORE cake!) was this past Wednesday, I’ve entered the last year of my twenties – and fully plan to make the most of it. I’m starting this year off with a new car. We’re really happy with our purchase, although honestly a car was not something we were looking to purchase anytime soon. The A/C in my old car went out, and the cost to repair that, on top of few other high dollar maintenance repairs, we were looking at sinking WAY too much money in car a that had nearly 100,000 miles on it. I decided I wanted something smaller – with both kids now big enough to sit in boosters, I don’t need such a big back seat. I also wasn’t looking for a car with all the bells and whistles my old car had. It had the top trim line – and that stuff while really nice, isn’t all that important to me. I wanted something almost brand new, (since Adam will not let me get something brand new – he doesn’t want to pay that 1st year of depreciation- SMART) with little to no miles. I opted for a 2011 Ford Fiesta Hatchback with about 4k miles. It’s so CUTE, and actually has a lot of really cool features- a lot of which I still haven’t learned to use! Ryann and Aiden LOVE the new car, and Adam and I are really happy with our purchase too. The dealership gave us over Kelley Blue book on my old car, and came down a good bit on the price of this one – really making it a no brainer.

Switching gears, here are a few pictures of Ryann at track practie, I think I promised some a few weeks ago:


See, she is a natural!
Sorry they aren't closer up, they practice on the oposite side of the field.

Aiden is still playing soccer - I don't expect that to change any time soon. Summer II season starts this weekend. Below are the schedules for both teams:

 

If you look closely you'll notice that his teams are playing against each other TWO times. Our goal is to have him play for each team once - we just need to talk to the coaches and get all of that figured out. We hope you can come cheer him on!

Any who, I think that gets you pretty caught up on us. We hope you are all having a wonderful summer!!


No comments: