Tuesday, July 05, 2011

Happy 4th!

We hope you all enjoyed your holiday weekend – we sure did!! I picked up Ryann Friday afternoon, and we haven’t stopped since. Saturday mid morning I took Ryann and her friend Melissa to see Monte Carlo, it was really cute, and the girls had a wonderful time. While we were at the movies Adam and Aiden spent some time together. Aiden had a Toys R Us gift card that was burning a whole in his pocket, so Adam took him there, and then they came home and played. Afterward we headed to Dallas to help Gamma celebrate her birthday. Followed by an evening of playing at Gamma and Papa’s house. Sunday we headed out to the pool, then shoe shopping for Ryann, finally landing in Southlake for their Independence Day festivities and fireworks. We always enjoy the show they put on out there! The McOmber family joined us again this year – we all had a wonderful time!

Yesterday Adam and the kids went back out to Gamma and Papa’s house for lunch, and swimming. I stayed home and slept. I guess the extra full weekend had taken its toll on me; I didn’t wake up until 2pm! When Adam and the kids got home we headed over to the Mata’s house for dinner and swimming. We just adore this family! The dad is one of Aiden’s coaches. The son is one of Aiden’s good friends from school. The daughter and Ryann have become very close – this family is just the sweetest! Ryann and Aiden were both invited to stay for their first sleep over,(with someone outside our family), Adam will pick them up today- I can’t wait to hear all about it!

This month is going to prove to be extremely busy! Ryann is participating in Dance, Soccer and track- and Aiden is continuing to play soccer for both teams… Ryann is BEYOND excited to get to participate in so many activities, and we’re thrilled to see her so happy. She has dance and soccer today. I’ll try to remember to bring my camera along and snap some pictures, (remember when I use to be so good at that?!) I’ll post Aiden’s soccer schedule once it’s released.

I guess that’s about it for us now. We hope your summer is going as good as ours!!

No comments: