Friday, July 08, 2011

Let the Birthday Count Down Begin!

I don’t know if Ryann got much sleep last night. She cracks me up with how excited she gets about upcoming events. She is so excited to start celebrating her birthday tonight. Because Ryann spends so little time here we opted not to throw a traditional birthday party again this year. Our thought was, only family would be invited, so there is really no need to spend $300-$400 on a party; so instead we’re staying in a hotel this weekend, meeting up with the fam and taking Ryann to Cheesecake Factory for dinner and gifts tonight, (she thinks it’s like the fanciest restaurant – LOL!) and spending the entire day tomorrow at Hurricane Harbor! We’re all going to have so much fun celebrating our little princess’ birthday!!

Although this weekend will be busy, and a ton of fun I’m hoping we can squeeze a little bit of time in for a little R&R too. We have been going almost non-stop this week! The kids didn’t get home from their sleep over until late Tuesday afternoon. They both had a really great time, and really were not really excited about coming home, safe to say their first sleep over w/ friends was a HUGE success. Tuesday evening Ryann started her dance class. She had a lot of fun, and really did a great job. She caught onto the choreography really quickly! I mentioned before Ryann was going to get to play soccer, however, that turned out to be a bust. Since she’ll only be here for one month we couldn’t put her on a team, because she wouldn’t have been here for even half the season – so I was really excited to find that our subdivision puts together pick-up games every Tuesday night. However, with these high temps we’ve been having, and the games scheduled to start at 5:30 no one showed. So, instead she started track Tuesday night. I didn’t get to go, (I had to take Aiden to his soccer practice) but Adam said Ryann did a really terrific job. Other parents were even asking him if she had had any formal training before now. She is definitely a natural runner. I think she is really excited to be involved in something that she is naturally great at. I know it’s already been a tough transition for her- staying this active, but I also know she is LOVING it! Track practice is 3 days a week, dance is once. Put that on top of Aiden’s minimum of 2 soccer practices and the 3 field trips a week they take with the daycare – these kids are most defiantly making the most of their summer!

I don’t have any pictures from track practice, but I hope to get some next week. Here are a few that I got at dance class. Sorry the quality is so bad – I only had my phone.

We hope you are all doing great! I’ll post again soon :)






No comments: