Monday, August 29, 2011

School, Soccer, Bed - Rinse and Repeat.

We all survived the first week of school! It was a super busy one, but honestly they all are these days. Luckily for all of us, we all stay on pretty much the same schedule year round. So we didn’t have to worry about getting Aiden used to an earlier bed time, or getting up early – he wakes up at 6am year round. Aiden is still very happy with his teacher he says, “She is the sweetest 1st grade teacher in the school.” I’m really happy he feels that way. I have to say I LOVE how informed she keeps us parents. We’re 1 week into school and we’ve already received at least 5 emails from her with information to help keep the parents plugged into district and school wide news as well as things that are important to all 1st graders and things that only pertain to her class room. She even has a blog that she is going to update weekly. This blog will only be viewable by our class, but I will share as much of it with you as possible.

Aiden had soccer practice after school Mon and Tues, Wed he actually had practice for both teams, Thurs and Sunday he had games. Friday the PTA hosted our first event; Dinner and a Movie. We had a phenomenal turn out!! I haven’t heard the exact amounts, but I’m guessing we profited at least $800. I’m really hopeful I will enjoy being apart of our PTA this year. Due to rezoning we lost our president from last year, and the new one and I don’t exactly see eye to eye on a lot of school issues. I seriously was ready to quit the PTA after our first meeting, but I decided to stick it out....... wish me luck!

Adam and I have been beyond busy with work. Adam had to work late almost every night the past two weeks. In case you didn’t hear on the news his company had a rather large lay off targeting engineers. Luckily Adam was not given his “walking papers” but his group did lose a lot of folks, and therefore his work load has grown exponentially. My group at work has been short handed for months, due to illnesses; and it there doesn’t appear to be an end in sight… However, we both feel so blessed to actually have jobs – given the current job market, so enough complaining about that!

We’re all very much looking forward to the upcoming long weekend. We’ll have Ryann, and hopefully I’ll be able to update you on her first two weeks of the forth grade! Until next time!!!

No comments: