Monday, October 03, 2011

The last week.........

Last Sunday was our seven year wedding anniversary! Aiden hung out with Papa and Gamma, and Adam and I got a hotel in Frisco for the weekend. Adam and I rarely get more than a few hours alone together, so our anniversary trip is something we look forward to all year. Saturday we headed out to Pizza Hut Park to watch FC Dallas take on the Houston Dynamo. Sadly FC couldn’t pull off the win, but it was a great game. The rest of the weekend we spent doing pretty much what ever we wanted – a nice change from our usually “scheduled down the second” weekends. While Adam and I were enjoying some time away Aiden had a soccer game in Grand Prairie. I don’t know if was due to the long drive to the fields, or prior commitments but not all of our boys showed up, and they only had 2 subs – and with the much larger field they had to play on, our boys tired quickly, and just could not keep up with the other team. So, sadly they lost.

This past week seemed to drag on forever. I don’t know if it was because we were coming off such an awesome weekend, or what but Friday couldn’t get here soon enough! Aiden got his folder signed TWICE last week. If you know Aiden at all you’ll understand just how out of character this is. I don’t know if he is acting out due to boredom, or if he is just testing his limits but we’re hoping with consistency from us, and the punishments put in place that he has learned his lesson and he won’t have another week like this. We have a parent teacher conference tomorrow, not because of his behavior; it’s just that time of year for all the teachers to meet one on one with the parents. We’re really looking forward to this meeting; we’ve got to get more challenging work coming home with Aiden.

Friday Aiden’s school hosted a Grandparent’s breakfast. Papa drove up and took Aiden to school, where they enjoyed breakfast together. Hopefully I’ll have a picture to share soon! Friday Aiden’s class also hosted FRIday, FRIday stands for:
Family and Friends
Read together at
Independence Elementary

Aiden was really excited this FRIday fell on Adam’s off Friday, and he was able to come read to his class. Adam brought his childhood favorite, “Are You My Mother” to read to his group. Adam said he was shocked by the kids attentiveness. Here are just a few pictures Mrs. Ries was able to snap of Adam and the kids.



Ryann was here this weekend. She is still doing great! We needed some help with a student council project so she and I spent some time working on a suggestion box. It’s so fun working with her on projects like this. She seems to be really enjoying being part of the student council and has lots of ideas she wants to share. I just can NOT get over how big she is getting! I took some pictures of her I was hoping to share, but I’m fearful that something is wrong with my memory card. Every time I try to upload pictures from it my computer freezes up. I’m going to see what I can do about that, and hopefully have pictures to share of Ryann soon!

I was also hoping to share a few pictures from Aiden’s soccer games from this weekend. Saturday his Barcelona team had two games. They tied one, and won the other. Then yesterday his Odyssey team had a game, which they won! Pretty good weekend in soccer for our little guy.

The first six weeks of school is now OVER, (it flew by)! I’ll be posting grade soon. But until then, we hope you are all doing fantastic!

No comments: