Monday, October 03, 2011

Tripp

One day a few weeks back I was reading one of my favorite blogs. The lady was blogging about many things, one of which was that she was nomitated on Babble.com for "The Moms who are changing the world" poll they were doing at the time. I hoped on over to see what the heck Babble was, and to cast my vote. When I landed on Babble I started reading about all these amazing mothers, each being nominated for one reason or another. Then I happened upon Courtney Roth, she was being nominated in the inspiration category. I read her story, and it became very clear to me why she had so many votes. Since then, the polls have closed, and Courtney ended up winning the vote, $5,000 to the charity of her choice. I've been following Courtney's blog ever since that day, and praying for her and her little man Tripp. I encourage each of you to click on over and read a little bit about Courtney and Tripp, and remember them in your prayers.
Courtney's blog is about her son Tripp, and his daily struggle to live. Tripp was born on May 14, 2009. He was diagnosed with a rare genetic skin disease called Junctional Epidermolysis Bullosa or "EB." Any type of friction on his skin or mucous membranes causes blisters. Courtney was told he would not live to be a year old. Tripp is now two, and truly fights to live every day. There isn't a day he goes without horrible pain. I must warn you the pictures are heart breaking, and if you head over to do some reading be sure to have a box of Kleenex handy. Before reading Courtney and Tripp's story I never knew this horrible disease existed. If you can't stomach to read Courtney's blog, please remember them in your prayers tonight, and pass their story on to all your friends and family. This little family needs our prayers.

No comments: