Monday, October 10, 2011

WE GOT RAIN!!!!

Let me start by saying, Thank you Lord for this rain!! I loved how everything seemed slow down, not just for our little family, but everyone I’ve talked to. It seemed as though the whole city just took a step back, and enjoyed our rainy gift.

Friday was a half day of school for Aiden, and report card day! Academically Aiden did wonderfully. He isn’t old enough to receive number grades yet. But, he scored all M’s (mastery) in the academic areas, although this is what we expected. However, he scored S’s (satisfactory) in all areas concerning conduct. I’ve mentioned this before, and his teacher and I have talked about it. We all believe this problem is stemming from not being challenged in his school work. He is finishing his work so fast, and has an exuberate amount of time to get in trouble. His teacher has told me she is actually finding it challenging to find work to keep him busy. We know she can’t completely change her lesson plans for him – but she is committed to trying her hardest to alter what she can for him. I also believe he has learned that he doesn’t really have to listen during instruction time to be able to complete his work correctly, and this is causing problems else where – like at home, (although that is another topic for another day). He and I have been talking everyday about his conduct – so hopefully he can get his mouth- and ears under control very soon. Because regardless of the amount of time he has to sit at his desk and be quite, he needs to be able to do that…. Hopefully this will be the last time I have this type of update concerning Aiden.

Ryann also received her Report card Friday, and I read on her Mom’s blog this morning she received all A’s!! I’m pretty positive she also got great marks for her conduct, because she always has. I also read that Ryann started horse back riding lessons over the weekend. I just know she was beside herself with excitement!! Her mother could not have picked a better time to start these lessons, because the last time we had her she told me she wanted to learn how to ride a horse – but she had no idea how to do that! I can NOT wait to get her this weekend and hear all about her horse riding adventure!!

I mentioned in my last post that I was having some issues with my camera’s memory card. I don’t know HOW it happened, but somehow all my pictures stored on the stupid thing disappeared. Therefore I don’t have any of the pictures that I was hoping to share *sad face*. So, I’ll be heading to the store before the weekend to pick up a new memory card, and hopefully have some pictures to share at the end of the week.

I’ll update again soon. Until then we hope you’re all doing wonderfully!

No comments: