Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Opera Seria....

Aiden came home a few months ago, (around the end of October) and asked me what my favorite opera was...... Um, yeah; I know NOTHING about opera. Nothing. So he asked me if I preferred opera seria over opera buffa? Yeah, again I know nothing. So Aiden totally schooled me. Opera seria are the more serious operas, and opera buffa are comedies... Cool... I did not know that. Which took us back to his first question. What was HIS favorite opera? He said he really liked Mozart's the Magic Flute. Knowing nothing about opera I assumed it was a comedy. Nope. It's serious. So we set out to find it on Youtube. Do you know how many videos are out there under "the magic flute"? TONS. Aiden liked all of them. But, he like this version by Diana Damrau the best. So, now we're curious - what is YOUR favorite opera? Did you know the difference between opera seria and buffa? Did you totally just get schooled by a six year old?! No worries, this kid has a thing for classical music and the history surrounding it, and the composers. Last year he learned where all the 17th and 18th century big name, (Mozart, Bach, Beethoven, Tchaikovsky) composers were born and could point them all out looking at a map/globe.

Here is a clip of Aiden's favorite part of the opera.... Seriously watch it. She is AMAZING! (if you subscribe to the blog, the video won't show up in your email... you're going to have to go to our blog)

Amazing, right?!  Aiden loves this so much we often listen to it in the car, (my car has Microsoft sync so we're able to play it over the car's speakers) on the way to soccer games. He is a total nerd when it comes to this.... I love it.

PS- He also totally loves "Moves like Jagger".  His taste in music is quite broad. LOL!!

No comments: