Thursday, December 18, 2008

Sound it out.....

Driving in the car with Aiden today, we got stopped in a LONG line of traffic by the train..... After sitting very patiently for a while Aiden let's out a rather annoyed, MOVE CAR!!! I tell him, the car can't move, because we've all been stopped by the train crossing. Just as I finish that sentence the caboose crosses and I get a rather smart, "We'll there's the end, we can go now". I kindly reply, Aiden there's a stop sign up there, every car in front of us is going to have to stop.... this is going to take a while. He follows that up with, I can spell stop. It's important to note, he has had the spelling of this word down for well over a year now. But, I play along with his game. "Oh, really? How do you spell it?" "S-T-O-P, stop; see told you I could spell it". "Okay smarty pants, how do you spell car?" "Okay Mommy, and he begins to sound it out C, C-A, C-A-R, car!" Pretty impressed, I ask, "How do you spell hat?" Again he sounds it out H, H-A, H-A-T, hat!" We went through a whole list, and he got every one of them right. So proud, we called Daddy and let him hear the big boy! I knew he would work on spelling this year in his school, but I had no idea they were already this far. We are so proud of our big guy!

No comments: