Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Couldn't sleep...

So I decided to stay up and work on one of Ryann's birthday gifts. You see, our precious little angel is learning to spell. We add a new word to her vocabulary list everyday. I'm teaching her how to spell by sounding out the word, making life a little easier when she starts learning to read. So far she knows, Ryann Nabors, Mommy, Daddy, Aiden, and Kamri, cat, hat, bat, dog, car, fox, box, cup, car, soccer and grass. I know there is another set of three that she knows, but for the life of me I can't remember what they are right now. Anyways you get the point! Once she learns to spell them out loud she teaches herself how to write them. She didn't have a notebook of her own, so she has since stolen Aiden's art book. We are so very proud of her progress, and eagerness to learn. I thought it would be really cool to alter a spiral just for her, something totally Ryann that she could show off to everyone! Here it is...

I'm totally patting myself on the back here, but isn't it the cutest?!!! I LOVE it, and think she is going to too. The inside is broken down into three sections. I plan to make one of those like a work book. I'm going to print/draw pictures of the words she knows how to spell and leave plenty of room for her to write the word(s) below. It'll be something really neat to keep once she has filled in all the pages, so that she can go back and look at it when she is older. Any who, I guess that's all I've got for now. Off to catch some Z's. Night!

No comments: