Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Little Gymnast!!

Tonight was Aiden's first night to go through his gymnastics class with out me. It was so hard for me to stand back, far enough that he couldn't see me; and not help. He proved that he didn't need my help - which made it that much harder. He followed the circuit perfectly. He did everything that was asked of him. He did have a hard time "following the rules" in the music circle, but his coach and I both think it's because he is bored. Unfortunately every class has it, so it is something he will need to learn to deal with. His coach said she feels completely comfortable moving him up to the level one class. I decided to hold off on it for a few more weeks. I want to be sure that tonight wasn't a fluke, and that he is truly ready. That will also give me some time to get "ready". I'm so very proud of my big boy, but a little heart broken at the same time. It's very bittersweet.

Tonight was Ryann's last night of gymnastics. She told me she is really going to miss going. She explained in great detail the things she would miss the most. The foam pit and the bars were at the top of her list. I'm sad to see it end, mostly because I didn't get ONE picture of her in class. My camera was in Adam's car tonight. Can you guys believe Ryann will be starting KINDERGARTEN in just a few weeks?????? That is just CRAZY!!! I took her in for her five year well check last week. She got a great report. We all thought Ryann was thin and tall, but turns out she is exactly on the "average" line. She has gotten so big that we had to buy her a larger car seat. This one will hold a child up to 65lbs.... that should hold her till she graduates High School, lol!!!

Both kiddos saw the dentist on Monday. Great report there too. For the first time Aiden did not like getting his teeth cleaned. I had to hold him down, which was hard; that kid is STRONG! The appointment ended well, hope he does better when they go back in January.

No comments: