Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Growing boy!

It feels like Aiden woke up this morning and thought, hey I'm going to say a bunch of new words and act like a big boy all day! He started this morning by pointing to my head and saying "head, mommy's head". Then later when I was changing his diaper he pulled up his shirt, pointed and said, "tummy, baby tummy"!!! He also said night, night for the first time today. We were getting him ready for his nap, Adam told him night-night Aiden. Aiden followed him up with night-night Daddy. Then after nap I took him swimming. He will swim all over the place with his floaty suit. He got out and said "Mommy jump" so I held out my arms, and he jumped to me. I didn't really "catch" him. He really doesn't like going under and since this was something he wanted to do I figured it would be a good time to let his head go under. He LOVED it. Aiden would jump in, go under, turn around and swim back to the side!!!!!!! He absolutely amazed me ALL day! His vocabulary is growing so rapid! He tells you if he is happy now, and it is just the CUTEST thing! Most words are SO clear I don't even need to interpret for him. Cup gets a little confusing because he still says pup, but that's the only word you may not have a clue on. I haven't been keeping up like I would have liked to, but here is most of the words he is saying now:
Mommy, Daddy, Sissy, Papa, Kay, GiGi, dog, cat, puppy, pup (cup), eye, head, tummy, feet, what's this/that, baby, ice, eat, light, no, night-night, down, up, hot, flower, house, ball, man (usually means Superman or Spiderman), happy, and bye-bye. I'm sure there are many more, but I just can't think right now.

We hope you're all doing well! We've got some fun days ahead of us. Aiden and I are going to pick up Ryann tomorrow, and she will be with us for a WEEK!!!!!!!!!! Aiden is going to be in heaven! He LOVES having his big sister around.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

They are getting to be so much fun!! My friend who is a speech path said that they will have a language explosion at 18 months and should have 50 words by 24 months. He will have no problem with that!! They are turning into such wonderful little boys!

Adam and Courtney said...

Adam and I went back over this list, and I forgot about a lot of words he can say like:
Please, thanks, I, pee pee, water, nose, ear, where, want, ready, set, and go. I really think that's about all of them. Maybe forgeting one or two, but I think your right Chrissy - he should have NO problem hitting that 50 mark, he still has 7.5 months to go!!