Tuesday, October 03, 2006

In a blink of an eye....

Aiden is proving everyday that he is no longer a baby. He continues to amaze me with how smart he is. It's funny, because those things bring nothing but joy to me. I get so happy to hear a new word, song, letter, color.... but to watch him actually change from that tiny little baby into this little boy, well just make me sad. Aiden started wearing 'big boy' underwear yesterday afternoon. He wears them during waking hours while we are home. He has had only one accident while wearing them! Aiden really enjoys using the potty. He loves running into the next room and telling who ever he sees, "I tt potty!!!" I get so much joy from his happiness. Today we converted his crib into a toddler bed. He was SO excited to be apart of what was going on. He had a great time jumping on the mattress while I put the bed together. We went potty, put a diaper on, washed his hands and teeth then I watched as he climbed into bed all by himself for the first time. It was so sweet, but I couldn't help but cry. Our baby is really growing up, and it's safe to say I've got mixed emotions! We read a book and then gave hugs and kisses. He turned over and went right to sleep. I walked out of the room thinking, where did my baby go? It's so true; they really do grow up FAST!

Sorry these pictures aren't great - they were taken w/ my phone Adam has my camera out of state!!


First time in his 'big boy' bed!!

Dancing in his undies!!LOL!!

3 comments:

My Little Family said...

How exciting!!!! Sleeping in his big boy bed!! He's growing up so fast!

Anonymous said...

My goodness you have been busy! Congrats on potty training and his big boy bed. Such a big boy!! And Congrats to Mom for conquering both of these as well! You make it sound so easy.

Adam and Courtney said...

Well the big boy bed thing has been surprisingly easy! I was really expecting it to be hard, but he loves his bed. He can't wait to climb in it every night and at nap time... The potty training thing, well that has been pretty much all him. I but a bug in his ear by sitting him on the potty, but his eagerness to use it - that's all him!