Thursday, November 09, 2006

So much!!!

We've got SO much going on these days. Adam and I seriously see each other in passing, which is taking some getting use to. He did get to work a "normal" day yesterday, so last night he, Aiden and I had a BLAST playing together. It's been forever since we both got to sit and play with him- you could tell Aiden LOVED having us both here.

We got some good news today -

"Dear Adam,

Congratulations! I am pleased to inform you that you have been unconditionally admitted. Thank you for pursuing your graduate studies at The University of Texas at Arlington."

(Not that anyone doubted that this would happen!) Yay Adam, we're so proud of you! He will be working on another masters degree!

Following the new pattern - today was BUSY! I got my hair cut for the first time in EIGHT months! Well, just trimmed. I really need to take the time and do things for me every now and then - but that's just not fun!!

We picked up Ryann tonight. Her class is taking a field trip tomorrow, and Melony, Adam and I did not feel safe sending a 4 year old on a bus ride over an hour away from any of us, so we opted to get her a day early. She is so amazing! I know I say that a lot, but seriously - she is so smart, pretty and sweet - she has it all!! Including a little brother who just about worships the ground she walks on! Those two couldn't be any crazier for one another! The ride home was full of little giggles. I don't think Aiden ever laughs as hard as he does as when Ryann is here. Ryann is still doing awesome in school! I really think school has helped her come "out of her shell" a bit. She doesn't seem as shy with new people like she once was. She is just amazing!

Aiden is also doing great! You wouldn't believe how much this kid talks! It is nonstop! He picks up on new thinks hourly, just blows my mind sometimes. He is a lot like Ryann, he doesn't forget ANYTHING! He met my friend Monique, and now asks about her all the time, he also asks about the baby in her tummy! I let him answer my cell phone occasionally, so if you call don't be surprised if you hear the sweetest "Hello Daddy!" no matter who it is that is the first thing he says, then "Hello (insert name here)!!" He started singing all of Twinkle Twinkle Little Star today. For the longest he has only sang one verse, today he knows it all! He also said rectangle. If I can just get him to say square, he'll have all his shapes down! He knows all the basic colors. He still gets a little confused with pink and purple, but that's not bad! He also is just amazing!!!

We're getting ready for the upcoming holidays. This time of year flies! We've just about completed all our Christmas shopping, so we can sit back and enjoy the rest of this year! Life is good! At this point, we couldn't be happier!!!

And for those intrested, I'm still working on getting the older pix up on our albums - it's a slow process since I don't have a lot of time to work on it, but it'll get done. I have added a lot, you'll be amazed at how much/fast Ryann has grown and changed!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Adam will be an Aggie going to the University of Texas....now there's a thinker...lol...just kidding...Congrats!!

Trust me, Court, if there's ANYONE who understands what you mean when you talk about these kids growing ~ it's me! They absolutely blow me away!! I wonder if our parents ever had these thoughts about us. : )